Thursday, April 02, 2009

"picture a train heading west"

I tried to find a good quote for this update, and this is just perfect actually, but no one will know why, unless you've read this book. Which is one of my favorites, by the way, not that I'm particularly well read.

I'm cleaning the house because I might have a friend come over tomorrow. It'll be nice to have it clean. It's been a busy week, and it'll be a busy weekend, but at least some portion of my life will be in order. Roomba is telling me "Uh Oh" about something or other. Roomba is so needy sometimes!

Xander's sitting on me because he can tell I'm feeling sad. Ladybird is obliviously walking back and forth on her shelf.

  • Galatea 2.2, Richard Powers

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Herman always knows when I'm sad, too. Zahara gets frightened. They all get frightened when I clean. Also, when I play the banjo, cook something that involves more than the microwave, have energy in the morning, or am drunk. Come on guys! I clean, party, rise and shine, and cook awesome meals all the time!

Carrie said...

banjo, i can maybe understand. xander's terrified of the accordion, as was BC. I wish I had a microwave that worked.