Thursday, January 29, 2009
am up late reviewing CDs. trying not to inhale my retainer. trying to wrap my head around two classes, a radio show, and office hours tomorrow. office hours will hopefully allow me to read my second class's assignment....crap! i can't do that, i have a meeting. well, i doubt anyone would show up in the first week anyway. and we didn't announce them, so it's not like they know about them.
the radio manager is so nice to me. he has an awesome haircut, and introduces me to other people with cool haircuts.
sure i'll join your cult.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
i was just wishing for some bobby pins or a clip or something to pull my new bangs back, and I went into the pharmacy school bathroom, and there was just a little container of bobby pins, right there on the sink! rather than think it was a gift from god, i assumed it was a trick, or some kind of (psychic) social experiment.
i'm so self-centered, i suspect at least once a day i'm part of some social experiment. like the crazy guy at kinko's yesterday. because if he wasn't a plant, he was wayyy annoying. no one cares about their truck that much.
Monday, January 26, 2009
nice things people have done for me lately:
- Xander took a nap on my belly, which always imbues me with his gentle spirit.
- Students said really nice things about me on my TA evaluations from last semester.
- Mom made me a tiny bag for my D&D dice.
- Patrick got me sugar gum after overhearing me say I like it.
- Leigh took me to about every grocery in Albuquerque in search of Mexican Coke. (I could make a whole long list about nice things Leigh and Patrick did, actually)
- Sarah said I had rocking bangs on my new Facebook picture.
- Dad wrote me a really nice letter in praise of my apartment space, which he stayed at over New Year's.
- Andy took care of my cats while I was away in New Mexico, and left me a T-shirt that has a large donkey and a small donkey, which says "Burro. Burrito."
- Kurt (and maybe Chad) listened to my radio show from work.
- Beth let me watch Battlestar at her house, and she and her girlfriend shared their theories with me.
- Jerry let me use a coupon at Blazer Tag last night.
This is an excellent excerise. Next step would be nice things I've done for other people, I guess.
- Took charge of making reservations for 9 at hotels in Russia.
- Bought Andy some cookies.
- Fed the cats wet food (which they promptly thew up).
- Gave Jerry some tokens to play video games.
- Invited people over for dinner.
- Bought girl scout cookies and fed them to D&D group.
This list is harder because it's more difficult to determine what was "nice." If I list something like "smiled at Talitha as she passed," that seems less altruistic and almost condescending. Whereas I know exactly how someone else's actions made me feel--good (in these cases). Like, Sarah couldn't say that complimenting my bangs was "nice" on her own list, or it would seem ungenuine. Isn't that weird? But it WAS nice.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
OK, it turns out I don't know how to use this poll. It sure looks like a poll, but it doesn't seem to record results. So if you're actually interested in my life Choose-Carrie's-Own-Adventure style, then leave a comment. Other options included pay bills and taxes, fix Roomba, and register products, but I already accomplished that.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Horay for YOU!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Relatedly, I AM NOT FREAKING GOING BACK TO INDIA! Or maybe I am. I don't know. I found a program that could give me money. But I need a recommendation that speaks to my ability to learn languages, and although I have studied a lot of languages in the past, I haven't in a very long time. And now I regret that.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Got through my 9am today, but only just, as I was up till 3 last night. Up getting stuff done, at least, even though I did get a good 30,000+ point round of Word Challenge in.
Had a nice dinner with T and M; we made pakoras and talked about our feelings. Girls night!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
If you're interested in some sloooowww downloads of a few of last semester's shows (I'm not vouching for them, they're just the few that I managed to record), here are the links:
I'm going to do an excellent job this semester. I swear it.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Monday, January 05, 2009
Friday, January 02, 2009
Should I prepare for my dozen or so radio shows that I have to do when I get back, or should I prepare for the class I'm teaching when I get back? Tough call. Instead, let's do neither, and instead listen to covers of Joni Mitchell's "The River."
Maybe yoga will jump start my desire to...do anything at all. Yeah
Thursday, January 01, 2009
OK, see, this is why I haven't been updating. I haven't done much exciting worth updating about. Here is my New Year's Eve:
Me (11pm): Wanna do a yoga video?
[we do yoga video]
Mom (12am): Wanna go read for a while?
Happy new year. May your year be filled with minimal junk, but maximal yoga and reading. I'm going to clean my necklaces. If I have to have junk, it might as well be sparkly.