Monday, April 06, 2009

I am an orphan on God's highway
but I'll share my troubles if you'll go my way

Doom! DOOM! I lay in bed for an extra hour, trying to think of something good (see last entry). Finally S-- called, and then M--, and those were good enough things for me, even though M called about work stuff.

Then I thought of cold fronts, and daffodils, and my cats, and a future of possibilities, and being able to listen to PJ Harvey and Gillian Welch all I want, and wearing sandals with sweaters because it's spring in Texas, and being almost done with school, and things weren't so very bad. And I thought of my new diary, which is a lot cheaper than a therapist. In fact, I'm going to go write in it now.

  • Orphan Girl, Gillian Welch

5 comments:

rena said...

some of your entries are short, but they are always awesome.

Jamie said...

I love Gillian Welch. I love that song. I love my cats and their beastly ways as they wake me up in the morning. I love my new bronzer, which makes me look like J.Lo (well, when it's really dark in room). I love Tegan and Sara Where Does the Good Go (so cute!). I love Colin. I love coffee! And I LOVE YOU!

Carrie said...

Thanks, Sirena! I love your long entries, especially about What Life Is Like there. And you should link to songs (Last.fm maybe?) on Music Mondays!

Jamie is full of love. There's too much love to go around these days.

Jamie said...

Not when you're J.Lo.

Carrie said...

but...love don't cost a thing! Oh, but i see what you're saying, with supply and demand being what they are, underpriced goods tend to have shortages. Very shrewd, Jamie.