Tuesday, April 07, 2009

a fever of love

Later,when you face old age and its natural conclusion
your courage will still be shown in the little ways,
each spring will be a sword you'll sharpen,
those you love will live in a fever of love,
and you'll bargain with the calendar
and at the last moment
when death opens the back door
you'll put on your carpet slippers
and stride out.

I don't know what to say about today. Each spring will be a sword I sharpen. I like that.

I helped give a presentation (OK, I did the powerpoint, but it was a freaking awesome powerpoint, with complicated animations, and a cute frog picture). Tomorrow is my least favorite day, with a 9am class. But on top of that, right after it's done, I have a 2 hour tutorial to teach and a group meeting for (yet another) presentation to go to right after that. I'm taking care of a friend's cats for the weekend. One of them is named after a character from Battlestar Galactica, so that's cool (or IS it?). The friend came over to drop her key off, and my cats loved her so much!

I'm washing all the dishes from Neverending Story last night. It was lovely! I know lots of good people. To the diary!

  • from "Courage," by Anne Sexton

No comments: