Wednesday, September 23, 2009

the awesome things

She fell in love with the drummer,
She fell in love with the drummer,
She fell in love
I miss the innocence I've known
Playing Kiss covers, beautiful and stoned

I continue having red letter days. A postcard life. Or at least, a blog-update life.

Today's coup was marked by an excellent GIS map (after hours of tedium, to be sure, but at least it came to fruition partially, though census tract IDs may yet be the death of me) which even the executive director noticed. And he has started slowly but surely to acknowledge me as a human being, which is awesome. My boss took me to lunch for my birthday, and we got Ethiopian. And she said I was doing a really good job, in order to counteract the opprobrium I've encountered from my research advisor.

Tonight I will make s'mores with my friends. Tomorrow I will see 2 bands play and get drinks with some other friends. Friday, yoga, dinner, and a movie. Saturday, a party. Sunday, a party. Oh, at some point, a problem set must be completed, but I'm not sure when that will be. There are so many more important things in life than school.

And today it's raining, which I always love even though it often gives me a headache. Not today. Not on my watch.

No comments: