Thursday, February 23, 2006

more than two things

Well, while I thought I had a nice smoky aroma from the fire last weekend, it turned out I smelled like bacon. And so does my raincoat. Bacon!

At the library, there was a graphic novel version of "Remembrance of Things Past." And in the spirit of Ginny, who could not pass up the graphic novel of "Tale of the Body Thief" in York ("What mementos do you have of York?" "Oh, you know, a graphic novel of a book about vampires by an American."), I checked it out from the library. So far, it's just like the book. Except the first five pages seem to cover the entirety of the portion of the real thing I managed to read.

My car broke down at lunch. Luckily my boss is the kind of boss who will not only pick me up at the mechanic's, but will also drop me off at my house after work. Here's hoping my bike tire isn't flat tomorrow morning. Because I don't have a pump. Or do I?

No, I don't.

There's a post about how I like clothes that's waiting to be updated, but I don't have it here with me right now. But as a probably meaningless followup to the as-of-now non-existant post, I got tickets today to go to the Alamo Drafthouse Oscar party! [this is what I call you about, today, G, but we can talk later. I was very glad to have J cornered for once.] Now comes the delightful challenge of convincing myself to wear a costume, and then the further challenge of coming up with something fabulous to wear. There will be a group of us. I hope I'm not the only one who gets dressed up.

I want to get dressed up for this Sunday's concert, too.

Packages: I received two in two days this week. And they weren't things I bought! They were unexpected gifts from friends. One was a DVR'd excerpt from the Puppy Bowl II (on Animal Planet, SuperBowl Sunday), from a friend whose fiancee watched both the Puppy Bowl and the real SuperBowl, both to my friend's extreme bewilderment. There were also some clips from the kitty halftime show. The other package was addressed to Dragon, and was from Sea-Cow (John/mfn), and included his and Summer's new CD! I listened to it at work and was CALMed.

No comments: