Sunday, March 02, 2008

videos

Here's a video for that Thao Nguyen song:




At first I thought I didn't like it (acid flashback to midnight Gumby movies that gave me nightmares. Not that I ever did acid, just watching Gumby at midnight itself simulates pretty well, I imagine), but I think I do like it. I tried to think of videos that I do like, and first off I eliminated most videos because a) I don't like when the videos are re-enactments of the songs; that's silly and b) I don't like when the videos have nothing to do with the songs (e.g. most videos, if you're lucky enough to see one, on MTV, where they splice several dances of the singer looking sexy into the camera). So what does that leave? Radiohead videos and Michele Gondry videos. I am, after all, a white person.

Speaking of him, links I stole from ortsorfragments...
Be Kind Rewind video:


Michel Gondry reenacts the promo playing all the parts himself:

No comments: