Sunday, March 02, 2008

spring

A trip to the garden center renewed my latent desire to have, and kill, plants. I got some herbs to replace the ones that died over the winter, although as I cleared out the dried plant carcasses of the top layer, I did see that some of them were secretly alive. Like in the Secret Garden! I suddenly felt the horror of what I'd done, letting them waste away in the harsh elements, alone and unloved.


Anyway. Peppermint is the best thing ever. If I ever have a lawn, I don't want grass on it, I just want baby peppermint, all across. It's soft and low, like moss, but then you can smell the peppermint from feet away. Wouldn't that be a great way for your lawn to greet you every morning? Yes? Good, I'm glad you're coming with me on this... [a quick internet search reveals that I must have actually bought Corsican mint]


Anyway, I spent a good while this evening on my pot garden. Wait, that came out wrong. Balcony garden...of marijuana. Not really. The most potent stuff I have is oregano.


And because I'm apparently all music, all the time, here is a peppermint appropriate song, from an album I kind of love (but I swear I didn't write the stuff about peppermint up there just to have an excuse to link):

No comments: