Thursday, August 17, 2006

i was oncccce human. my name was larrrry.

I would make fun of my brother for getting addicted to Facebook a few days ago (I mean, more than I already have), but ever since Jamie sent me a link to Fugly Celebrity*, I've had a shameful addiction of catching up on the past few years of horrible celebrity fashion. I was especially fascinated with all their tagged updates on Brittney Spears, and on that Peldon girl. I had a nightmare about Peldons last night. I really have to be more careful about what I spend my last waking moments doing.

Update on the tire(d) situation: it seems two other people I know got flat tires Sunday, too! Tuesday I marched into a tire yard after work and pronounced "I need a new tire!" The three guys there looked at me and said "A used tire?" when I noticed all the signs that said "A-One's Used Tires! We have used tires!" so I played it cool and said "Yes!" but inside I wondered how used these tires were, and what they had been used for, and if this was a good idea. They had constructed a shanty of ripply tin and popsickle sticks for customers to wait under. I watched the Simpsons on a small staticy TV as the guy fixed my car two feet away from me. The best part of all was the stand for the tiny TV was a much larger TV, propped up by tire rims. I took a picture with my phone.

Which reminds me, I would normally direct you to my camera phone uploads at right, but there seems to be something wrong with the side bar (it's down below), but I can't be bothered to figure out when or why that happened. So let me direct you to my camera phone uploads, link below right.

*Significant because Carrie Underwood seems to be doing the Jubilation T Cornpone dance from L'il Abner. Which, now that I see this picture, is also somewhat remniscient of Borat doing aerobics in one episode of Ali G.



No, I'm just kidding, I was never human

3 comments:

K. said...

Have been looking at fugly celebrity for 2+ hours. Astounding, some of them. My favorite is the horrible Britney Spears wearing a pink knit hat over another leather hat and some sort of tight fitting dress that looks like it was designed by Dr Seuss. Did you see that one? I could *not* stop laughing.

Carrie said...

Yes, that was one of the few of hers that she seemed to do on purpose. That was the only one for Britney that was funny and not depressing. The part I couldn't stop laughing about wasn't so much the picture of her at something for Fox, but the text under it: "she told me I looked like a refugee from a Third World road tour of the Ice Capades, I knew it was the right choice for tonight because Jamie really loves ice skating"

Every time I say the name Britney, I get hungry. Like, for peanut brittle, I think.

Anonymous said...

that's funny...every time I *see* Britney, I loose my appetite