Thursday, October 25, 2007

himALya, they say

And also, I just want to get this out there because it's true, and I will forget later. But in the last few months, things keep coming up that make me think that the Himalayas are going to be important to me personally. It's just a feeling, brought on by a combination of the stupid Conde Naste subscription, a marathon of geography quizzes, and a scene from The Amber Spyglass. Anyway, every time I placed a country near the Himalayas during the quizzes, I would imagine them, all beautiful and spiritual. And scenes from movies, including The Golden Child, Into Thin Air, Seven Years in Tibet.

Hmmm...that gives me an idea. What other movies are set or at least have scenes in the Himalayas?*

*(my idea is that I'm going to watch movies that are set or at least have scenes in the Himalayas.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I just saw Into the Wild, and I'll just venture that maybe it's not a good idea to go mountain and/or wilderness crazy.
LCJ