Thursday, October 11, 2007

ataxia

First, the sad news: Sphinx, my little brother's cat, died unexpectedly on Monday. We are all very sad. He was my brother's daemon, and we thought they'd be together for years to come. We still think of him as "little cat," the kitten that could fit in the palm of your hand and had a desperate love for cookies 'n' cream ice cream. Maybe he had a stroke, maybe he got poisoned somehow--it's not worth an autopsy. He just faded away Monday night after a few days of dizziness and no clear diagnosis.

Second, I am updating because my first midterm is tomorrow, and I have grown weary of this week's Bizarre Procrastination Technique I developed: reading the plots to every slasher movie I can find. Besides, I only get nervous about the exam when I start studying (because I realize, 'Oh, I don't exactly remember how to do all the so-and-so problems'), but feel confident and nonchalant while not studying. So, by not studying, I'm saving myself a lot of worry. It's open book anyway. What could go wrong?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no! My condolences to your family about Sphinx. He was such a beautiful little stinky cat jumping into things.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Sphinx. Good luck on your midterm! --Leigh

Meredith said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Sphinx--I remember him up on the banister when I visited with Brent all those years ago. What a great cat!