Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Quote from the guy installing my bamboo flooring:

"Do you know what a baby panda smells like?

This wood--when you cut it. It's somewhat exotic...but in a way, it's not."


I don't know him well enough to know his intentions behind this statement, but this is the funniest thing I've heard all day.


While I'm quoting, here are two quotes from moms on Britney's VMA performance:

J's mom [paraphrased]: "She was either really, really drunk, or she was just so nervous that... she got really, really drunk to calm her nerves."

my mom: "She's just really lost her confidence! And, well, that was all she ever had!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty good. Our backyard was nearly overtaken by a savage and vile growth of bamboo two years ago. Our landlord and his son manfully (and ineffectually) chopped it down with machetes and then piled it on the sidewalk, as you would do with castoffs that had some function or charm in the hopes that a needy customer would pick it up. I spoke to him one day and said "do you really think people will pick this up? I guess they could make bamboo barstools" and he said, "yeah, and then you could have a BYOP party." I stared at him blankly. He said "you know, bring your own panda".
love,
J