Saturday, January 02, 2010

favorite tracks for 2009?

I thought I should make one of those there lists, you know. But I know I'm going to leave out major ones, and I know it's not going to be the coolest list on the block. It's based on the tracks in my iTunes that are marked 2009, because I can't rely on my memory. And it's based on how much I listened to them, not how good I thought they were. And it's alphabetical. If anyone would like me to upload these to my website, let me know.

"Working Man's Blues" Aceyelone Ft. Bionik
"Boom" Anjulie
"Elegy" Balmorhea
"Blood Bank" Bon Iver
"Needles" Grand Salvo
"Notes on Leaving" Darren Hanlon
"Oh Paris!" Dent May and his Magnificent Ukulele
"Dog Days are Over" Florence + the Machine
"Nobody Could Change Your Mind" The Generationals
"Love Like a Sunset pt. 1" Phoenix
"Cracks in the Canvas" PJ Harvey
"Human of the Year" Regina Spektor
"Flirted With You All My Life" Vic Chesnutt
"You and I" Wilco and Feist

Well. I've left out some great stuff, that is critically acclaimed, and that I did enjoy, but which I wasn't compelled to listen to on repeat in order to enjoy life to the fullest. I'm the worst college radio DJ ever. But at least I am honest. And at least some of these are cool and obscure.

2 comments:

ginny said...

I saw Florence + the Machine on t.v. the night before last for New Year's Eve! She's pretty awesome!

Jamie said...

oohhh, I love regina spektor's new album! She's so . . . crazy and adorable! And I LOVE Chrisette Michelle's Blame it on Me!